By proceeding with your booking at The Carlyon Bay Hotel, you are accepting all terms and conditions herein.
For our Hotel Accessibility Guide, please Click Here.
- From time to time, a room move may be required to accommodate you during your entire stay. On making your reservation, should this be the case, we will notify you immediately. At this point, no charges will apply should you wish to cancel your reservation.
- We regret that requests for particular room numbers cannot be catered for on our online reservation system.
- Some rooms may experience noise disturbance when the hotel provides evening entertainment. This affects very few rooms. Should this pose a problem during your stay, we will endeavour to move you to a room away from the noise, although this may not always be possible. In this event, no allowance can be made against the room rate. Guests who prefer to secure a room away from the risk of entertainment noise are advised to book directly with the Hotel
Any cancellation, postponement or significant changes in arrangements must be confirmed in writing / by email.
1- 3 Bedrooms
- Cancellations and postponements 3 days or more prior to arrival | Non-refundable Deposit is retained, no further charges will be incurred.
- Cancellations 3 days or less prior to arrival | Full payment will be taken from the card held against the booking.
- Non-refundable Deposit due is £100 per person taken upon booking.
- Payment will be taken from the card held against the booking or the hotel will forward you a payment link for payment to be made 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Cancellations and postponements 15 days or more prior to arrival | Non-refundable Deposit is retained, no further charges will be incurred.
- Cancellations and postponements 14 days or less prior to arrival | Full payment will be taken from the card held against the booking.
- Non-refundable Deposit due is £100 per person per night upon booking, our reservations team will contact you to arrange this.
- Remaining balance and rooming list is due 14 days prior to arrival. Payment will be taken from the card used to secure the booking unless otherwise stated.
- Cancellations and postponements 29 days or more prior to arrival | Non-refundable Deposit is retained, no further charges will be incurred.
- Cancellations 28 days or less prior to arrival | Full payment will be taken from the card held against the booking.
- Non refundable Deposit due is £100 per person per person upon booking, our reservations team will contact you to arrange this.
- Remaining balance and rooming list is due 28 days prior to arrival. Payment will be taken from the card held against the booking unless otherwise stated.
10 Bedrooms or more
- Please contact our groups department for terms and conditions on email@example.com or call 01271 340000.
Brend Collection has the right in some instances e.g. peak times, special occasions and special offers to have different terms and conditions. You will be informed upon booking and these will be written on the website.
Once at the hotel if you wish to cut your stay short, full accommodation charges will apply. Any persons who do not cancel and do not turn up for their stay will be charged full accommodation charge.
Every effort has and continues to be made in providing improved access and facilities for guests with disabilities. Recent improvements have included a modernised lift in our main foyer that will accommodate the hotel wheelchair, a disabled entrance with ramp, a disabled toilet, safer access steps into our refurbished swimming pool, a handrail in the Jacuzzi and a vibrating pager in case of fire for the hard of hearing.
In order that we can be best prepared to cater for guests with specific needs, it would be most appreciated if you could call us in advance on 01726 812304 to discuss your requirements. Guests with disabilities that would need to be considered in the event of an evacuation should inform reception on registration.
- Rooms are not available until 3:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Guests are most welcome to arrive at the hotel beforehand, check-in and use the facilities.
- Rooms must be vacated by 11:00 am on the day of departure, however, as above guests are most welcome to use the hotel’s facilities after departure.
- The hotel has a large car park for which there is no charge. You are welcome to pull up at the front door to unload, but then we respectfully request that you find a parking space in the main car park. If you are a disabled badge holder we have limited disabled spaces and these are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Accounts: The accommodation is to be settled in full prior to arrival, with any additional charges being settled on departure. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. The management reserve the right to refuse credit to any guest. Should any additional charges arise after settling your bill i.e. Mini Bar charges, the account will be taken from card details on file.
Our supervised playroom is open throughout the main holiday periods and offers full entertainment programmes throughout the day. On occasions, parental supervision is required. A variety of workshops and activities run daily, to view example entertainment programmes please refer to our downloads.
In order to comply with our insurance policy, we are required to advise our guests of the following rules.
- Lone Swimmers – Please advise reception if you are going to be swimming alone and approximately how long you will be.
- Children under 8 years - Must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Children between 8 and 16 years – Must be supervised by an adult either on the poolside or in the water.
- Other rules apply when using either of the swimming pools. For your safety, please do not consume alcohol prior to swimming or take any glassware onto poolside. Please read the literature provided at the hotel and observe the signs around the pool areas.
- There is currently no dress code in the Bay View Restaurant, however, we do ask that our guests are mindful of other guests. Guests are welcome to wear their dressing gowns in the Spa Bar if enjoying the spa facilities.
- We recommend prior to arrival that all guests book their preferred dining times along with spa treatments and golf tee times to ensure they get their requested times as availability cannot be guaranteed. We respectfully request that booking times are made each day, however, should you wish to change your booking time at any point throughout your stay, the restaurant manager will be pleased to discuss this with you.
- From the M4 follow this straight onto junction J4 and onto the M25
- Leave the M25 at junction J12 and straight ahead into M3 direction Southampton
- Leave the M3 at junction J8 and straight ahead into A303 direction the Southwest
- Continue straight into the A303 and then onto the A30
- Leave the A30 and join the M5 heading towards Exeter, Plymouth, and Torquay.
- Leave the M5 at J31 and straight ahead into A30 direction Okehampton, Bodmin
- Turn off left towards St. Austell and follow the A391 all the way until you come to the bottom of the A391 and the traffic lights.
- Stay in the left-hand lane and turn left, follow the road up to the roundabout (landmark The Britannia Inn) take the 2nd exit and follow the road for approximately 200 yards and you will see a signpost on your right for The Carlyon Bay Hotel.
- Proceed up the private road, under the railway bridge until you reach the crossroads. Go straight across and the hotel is on your left-hand side.
- What3Words: cushy.meaning.fond