Carlyon Bay Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to Carlyon Bay Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The Hotel is accessible to wheelchair users on the ground floor. We have a ramped entrance and a disabled toilet on the ground floor level.
- Regrettably, due to the age and design of the building and the construction and size of our lift, we do not have any bespoke bedrooms that cater specifically for wheelchair users.
Directions to the hotel
- Exit the M5 at junction 31 for the A30 to Bodmin/Okehampton.
- Stay on the A30, passing Okehampton, Launceston and Bodmin.
- After you have passed Bodmin, stay in the left-hand lane and at the next junction turn off on to the A391 for St Austell.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A391.
- At the traffic lights go straight ahead.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit marked St Austell and stay on the A391.
- You will then go through 5 more roundabouts and at each one you take the second exit, staying on the A391.
- After the 5th roundabout, you will come to traffic lights, where you turn left on to Holmbush Rd/A390.
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Par Moor Rd/A3082. The Britannia Inn pub will be in front of you.
- Opposite Cornish Market World turn right onto Cypress Avenue
- At the crossroads go straight on and the hotel will be on your left.
- Our postcode is PL25 3RD.
Before you arrive
- Reservations can be made online or by phone, fax or email
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from a local train or bus station, we have excellent contacts with local firms and are happy to arrange one for you.
On arrival at the hotel
- The hotel has a large car park for which there is no charge. You are welcome to pull up at the front door to unload, but then we respectfully request that you find a parking space in the main car park.
- If you are a disabled badge holder we have limited disabled spaces and these are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entrance to the main reception area is up three steps and through the main entrance or a disabled ramp to the right as you look at the hotel.
- Our porter is always available and one of our team will be happy to assist with taking luggage from your car to your room. Our porter will also be able to help you upon departure.
- Once inside the main foyer, the floors are carpeted
- Reception & concierge are all on one level
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- Reception is manned 24 hours a day
- All corridors and public areas are well lit. The ground floor foyer may be dimmed to reflect the correct ambience throughout the day.
- All corridors and public areas are carpeted with the exception of lift foyers on the First and Second floors.
- The Terrace Lounge, Bay View Restaurant and the spa and leisure facilities are all on the main ground floor level and easily accessible from the main entrance.
- The Taste Brasserie is accessible by three steps or alternatively, a portable ramp is available if required.
- Our function room the Churchill Suite is accessible via the ground floor, with access using the main entrance (three steps) or the disabled ramp.
- All doors in corridors and public areas are on auto-closers, linked to the fire alarm system for your protection.
- Our disabled toilet is located on the ground floor with easy access from all the public areas.
- The disabled toilet has an emergency alarm.
- Ladies and Gentlemen’s toilets are located on either side of the disabled toilet.
Bay View Restaurant and Taste Brasserie
- Most of our seating in the Bay View Restaurant and all the seating in the Taste Brasserie is movable and we have a selection of both armed and armless chairs available.
- Background music is played in both restaurants.
- Full waiter service is offered throughout dinner in both restaurants and whilst breakfast is a combination of both buffet and waiter-style, we can provide full waiter service should you request it.
- The Bay View Restaurant offers excellent natural light as well as artificial light, whilst the Taste Brasserie is completely artificial. The lights may be dimmed to reflect the correct ambience throughout the day.
Terrace Lounge & Spa Bar
- The Terrace Lounge contains a mixture of sofas and armed chairs. Armless chairs can be provided upon request.
- The Terrace is accessed from the Terrace Lounge or from the Spa Bar.
- The Terrace Lounge and Spa Bar both offer excellent natural light as well as artificial light. The lights may be dimmed to reflect the correct ambience throughout the day.
- Full waiter service is offered throughout the Terrace Lounge and the Spa Bar.
- Background music is played throughout the Terrace Lounge.
- The Golf Clubhouse is located approximately 200 yards from the hotel with access available by road or by a gravel path through the garden.
- The Golf Clubhouse entrance is accessible via one step or via a portable ramp.
- A mixture of armed and armless seating is available throughout the clubhouse.
- Full waiter service can be provided upon request.
- The Clubhouse offers excellent natural light as well as artificial light which may be dimmed to reflect the correct ambience throughout the day.
- The Clubhouse terrace is accessible via two steps from the clubhouse or by a ramp around the side of the building.
- The Clubhouse has an easy-access toilet.
- The 86 bedrooms are split over three floors with 40 each on the first and second floor and six on the third floor.
- Each floor is accessible via a lift or stairs.
- Whilst it accesses all bedroom floors, our lift is small. The dimensions of the lift are as follows:
- Lift Entrance 26 inches wide (66cm)
- Lift Depth 31.5 inches wide (80cm)
- We can provide a hotel wheelchair which does fit in the lift
- We do not have any rooms that have been adapted. However, 11 of our rooms have an additional walk-in shower. Please note these rooms have a lip to go into the shower room and therefore are not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Most rooms are fitted with grab handles over the bath.
- All bedrooms have a chair provided, this can be either armed or armless upon request.
- All bedroom doors are fire doors on automatic closers.
- There are telephones in all rooms and 24-hour room service is available.
Spa & Leisure Facilities
- The Spa and leisure facilities are all accessible via the ground floor.
- Entry to the indoor pool is via built-in concrete shallow steps with a metal handrail.
- Entry to the Spa bath via three built-in concrete shallow steps and then down three built-in concrete shallow steps with metal handrails on each side.
- Entry to the outdoor pool is via one step from the Spa area or via the ramp in the Terrace Lounge. A metal rail is situated alongside the built-in concrete shallow steps to enter the pool.
- The indoor and outdoor pools both have a maximum depth of 1.5m
- The gymnasium is situated in the Spa area and on the ground floor to the right of the desk.
- Our two treatment rooms are on ground floor level and accessible through the Spa.
- The hotel's private beach Carlyon Cove is accessible via the golf course, with a golf buggy available to take you. Access is downhill on an unpaved path.
- Our dedicated Nail Studio is on the second floor and is accessible via the hotel lift or two flights of stairs.
- Our dedicated Snooker room is down one flight of stairs from the ground floor.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- Bath Seat
- Raised toilet seat
- Toilet frame
- High Chair
- Booster Seats
- The fire alarm is a high-pitched continuous sounder and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Fire action notices are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- A personal emergency evacuation plan can be agreed with guests upon arrival.
- Service & Assistance dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
- Emergency evacuation plans are discussed on an individual basis where required with the Duty Manager.
- Quiet spaces are available upon request.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01726 812304
Fax: 01726 814938
The Carlyon Bay Hotel