28th March 2019
Things to do in Cornwall
Perfectly located right in the heart of Cornwall, the Carlyon Bay Hotel is the ultimate base for exploring the best the county has to offer, with activities for all the family to enjoy!
Places to visit
From beautiful sandy beaches to vibrant fishing ports
- Stunning surfing beaches of Newquay
- Maritime town of Falmouth
- The famous Land's End
- The food-lovers paradise of Padstow
- Cornish fishing port of Mevagissey
- Picturesque estuary town of Fowey
- The golden sands of Perranporth
- Lanhydrock House
- Majestic Victorian country house in sprawling surrounds featuring numerous gardens & trails.
- Charlestown, in walking distance of Carlyon Bay Hotel
- A historic fishing port developed in the 18th century, home of BBC's Poldark
- Tintagel Castle
- Rich in history, myths and stunning scenery set high on Cornwall's rugged north coast between Padstow and Bude
- Trelissick Gardens
- An inspirational garden with varied woodland planting set in an estate with extraordinary maritime views
Museums & Historical Interests
Learn about the rich mining history that surrounds Cornwall at one of these famous spots.
- Poldark Mine
- The only complete tin mine in Cornwall, this is open for guided tours
- Geevor Tin Mine
- One of the largest preserved mine sites in the country
- Wheal Martyn China Clay
- This is an original Victorian Clay Works, bursting at the seams with tools and machinery and real stories of Cornwall’s largest mining industry
- Bodmin Jail
- An historic former prison situated in Bodmin, on the edge of Bodmin Moor in Cornwall.
- Bodmin & Wenford Railway
- A heritage railway, based at Bodmin in Cornwall
Outdoor adventure & adrenaline
- Hangloose - at the Eden Project
- Hangloose is one the best things to do in Cornwall if you love adrenaline activities! Home of England's longest Zipline, Giant Swing, Big Air... and much more!
- Polkerris Watersports
- First class watersports facilities set in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Adrenaline Quarry
- Rural quarry site for clambering over rocks, hurtling down gnarly zip lines and deep water swimming.
- Carnglaze Caverns
- One of Cornwall's unique, premier underground experiences
Cornwall is the home of some very famous gardens, not to be missed!
- The Eden Project
- Home to the famous biomes, located in reclaimed china clay pits
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- One of the most popular botanical gardens in the UK
- Trebah Gardens
- A sub-tropical paradise that meets the sea
- Pinetum Gardens
- A place of tranquillity, peace and remarkable garden scenery
Art & Culture
- The Tate, St. Ives
- Exhibiting work by modern British artists with links to the St Ives area.
- The Minack Theatre
- An open air theatre, constructed above a gully with a rocky granite outcrop jutting into the sea.
- The Flambards Experience
- An amusement park with thrill rides and outdoor adventure
- Cornish Seal Sanctuary
- A sanctuary for injured seal pups, and is owned by The SEA LIFE Trust
- Crealy Outdoor Adventure
- Southwest England's largest family Theme Park attraction and is home to over 60 rides, attractions, live shows and a zoo
- Kids' adventure park offering pony & tractor rides, animal feeding, games & various play areas