14th February 2018
The reasons to love Cornwall is endless...
Cornwall: in Cornish is known as Kernow.
The list of why we love Cornwall is endless. Beautiful landscapes, striking clifftop walks and beaches, quaint historic villages and the very best luxury hotel...
Here's some of our highlights
- The beaches - Cornwall has arguably the best beaches in the U.K. Our beaches vary from sandy and wide sweeping to steep hidden away coves!
- Food - Cornwall has seen something of a renaissance as a foodie destination, it is known particularly for it's locally caught produce and delicious abundance of quality local produce. All of which you can taste in our award winning restaurants.
- Rain or shine, Cornwall can't be beaten with things to do. See our top recommendations.
- Infamous Cornish Gardens - visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan or the Eden Project to experience the finest gardens.
- Country walks - Cornish boasts a wealth of walks around the country. Take tips from the National Trust who highlight some of the most dramatic walks along the Cornish coast lines, sandy beaches or historic forest paths.
- Rich in history - Cornwall's vibrant history spans back more than 3000 years. You can visit beautifully historic spots around the county such as Trerice House, Wheal Martyn to learn about mining, or Pendennis Castle!
- Cornwall is a top filming location - from Poldark, Doc Martin to James Bond. Local to the Carlyon Bay hotel is Charlestown, a historic fishing port and a popular filming spot!
- Feast weeks -once a year villages around Cornwall many villages around Cornwall host a feast week, celebrating. The biggest celebration of the year on the St. Piran's Day - 5th of March - celebrating all things cornish!
But it's obviously best to see for yourself. Visit us and see what Cornwall is all about.