12th January 2020
Heligan January 2020
The Lost Garden's of Heligan is one of Cornwall's top attractions and it right on our doorstep!
One of the most mysterious estates in England. Lost to the brambles of time since the outbreak of WW1, it was re-discovered in 1990 and is one of Europe’s largest garden restoration projects to date. Today Heligan’s 200 acres are a paradise for the explorer, wildlife, plant lover and garden romantic.
To find out more on Heligan's history CLICK HERE
Here is the top thing's happening at Heligan this January that shouldn't be missed:
- January is ‘Heligan Soup Month’. With seasonal local produce, such as leeks and winter greens arriving daily, they are offering three different homemade soups every day with vegan, vegetarian and meat/fish options available
- 6th January- 29th February 'turn over a new leaf' and join them for a guided walk to really appreciate the beauty of Heligan in Winter.
- Sunday 19th January is 'Ewe scanning' Join the team in scouting for pregnant Ewes
- 25th-26th January is the Great Dahlia giveaway, Now they have finished blooming, visitors will have the opportunity to take some of these beautiful plants home in exchange for a donation to Cornwall Air Ambulance, a fantastic cause.
- 25th-27th January is the Big Garden Bird Watch, enjoy bird watching whilst helping record numbers
With all of this and way more going on at Heligan this January, you really don't need an excuse to visit! Plus we have discounted tickets for our guest's at our Front office!
For more information on what the Lost Gardens of Heligan have to offer CLICK HERE