1st July 2020
The Carlyon Bay Golf Clubhouse Reopens
With the recent announcement by the UK Government, we can confirm the Clubhouse will reopen from 8 am on Saturday 4th July. We will be serving food between 8.30 am and 8 pm daily from this date.
With the social restrictions that have been in place throughout the country over the last few months, we are having to make a few changes to our Clubhouse operations to protect the members, visitors & team here at the Carlyon Bay, yet we still want to keep the friendly atmosphere it is known for when welcoming members, hotel residents and locals alike.
We ask you all to adhere to the following guidelines to keep everyone safe:
- Please do not visit the Clubhouse if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough and loss of taste and smell
- We have placed sanitising stations on the entry points for the Clubhouse and around the course at appropriate points
- Please respect the signage and ensure you follow proper social distancing measures
- Do not congregate in large groups. Government guidelines state that indoor gatherings are limited to members of any two households (or support bubbles); while outdoor gatherings are limited to members of any two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households
- The furniture has been placed to allow social distancing, please do not move them
- Additional cleaning measures are in place throughout the day
- Toilet facilities are available however the changing rooms and showers will remain shut
- On entry, you will be asked for contact details as per the Government request
- The Clubhouse team will take food & drink orders and payments at the table. Please note we are only taking card payments
- Please do not approach the bar and do not stand together
- Windows and doors will remain open to allow good ventilation and reduce the touching of door handles
- All of our team have received training in the new restrictions and procedures
We thank you for helping us to stay safe and play safe as you all have been so accommodating with the implementation of the rules on the course.
The New Team At The Golf Club
We would also like to take this opportunity to officially introduce Holly Sharp, the new Clubhouse Manager and Grant Slater who as you all know has taken over as our resident Golf Professional. Holly has several years’ experience as an Assistant Manager at the hotel and has the full confidence and backing of the hotel and Brend Group. Ably assisted by Ebony and the other team members you can be assured of a continued warm and friendly welcome at the Clubhouse. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact her.
We are grateful to the help of the Section Captains as well as members Mr Keith Gay, Mrs Jacqueline Wheeler & Mr Dave Watson in helping us to get the competitions back up and running and whilst there are a few changes to how the administration of the competitions will run, we think that over time this will just help to improve your experience.
We are looking at dates to be able to run some of the member's cups that we have had to postpone and so please do keep an eye out on the notice board for the new and revised dates. Upcoming dates include the following:
- 18th July Club Champion Qualifier
- 25th July Sessions Qualifier
- 1st August Cartwright Bowl