10th October 2017
Discover more of Cornwall
We are very blessed with our location here at the Carlyon Bay Hotel, to be based in a country so rich in history and natural beauty. We've chosen some of our favourites which we think are must see locations!
Recommended places to visit include:
- Tintagel Castle - The ruins of the historic castle, so closely associated with the legend of King Authur.
- The Mên-an-Tol - "Men an Toll" in Cornish, is a small formation of standing stones a few miles out of Penzance.
- St Michael's Mount - "Karrek Loos yn Koos" is a small tidal island in Mount's Bay, Marazion.
- Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station - a large radio communication site located on Goonhilly Downs near Helston on the Lizard peninsula.
- Helman Tor - "Torr Helman" is a nature reserve managed by the Cornwall Wildlife Trust.
- Tate St. Ives - an art gallery exhibiting work by modern British artists with links to the St Ives area.
- Lanhydrock estate - "Lannhedrek" has been owned and managed by the National Trust since 1953.
- Bedruthan Steps - The granite rocks that are dotted across the beach are, according to legend, stepping stones for the Giant Bedruthan.