Permanent - Full Time (45 hrs per week)
Closing date: 04th July 2022
Salary: up to £ 24,000 per annumApply
Deadline to apply: 4th July 2022
As Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for preparing high-quality breakfasts and support the team with food preparation whilst overseeing the morning trade within the kitchen. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in St Austell, whilst expanding your knowledge and skills in a flourishing workplace environment.
What will I be doing?
As a Breakfast Chef at Carlyon Bay Hotel , you will be responsible for preparing our excellent breakfasts to guests whilst monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards and quality across all areas of production. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare fresh ingredients
- Cook food and prepare food in a timely manner
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Maintain Health, Safety, Food & Hygiene standards throughout the kitchen
- Liaise with Head Chef to ensure the smooth execution of day to day processes
- Support other sections such as bar snacks within the brigade
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Breakfast Chef at Carlyon Bay Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as Breakfast Chef in a high-end hospitality business would be great but non essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible availability, working any 5 days a week between Monday - Sunday on early starting shifts
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn on the job.
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of food preparation for customer satisfaction
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There are plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team, including competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!