Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week-shift work 5 days out of 7)
Closing date: 31st December 2021
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a customer service focused individual to join our Receptionist team.
The Carlyon Bay Hotel is a 4* Star luxury 86 bedroom hotel positioned directly on the seafront with stunning views across Carlyon Bay.
As a Receptionist your role will encompass the guests journey from the creation of the reservation through to their checkout such as welcoming guests, taking them through their registration, dealing with any queries that they may have and ensuring that the hotel has met all of their expectations during their stay. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating a thorough knowledge of hotel products and services.
You will work as part of an experienced team of 10 that is central to the hotel and will be provided with excellent training and development.
Your duties as a Receptionist will include:
- Welcoming guests, ensuring a smooth check in and check out and any requests during their stay
- Assist and communicate with all departments ensuring a smooth stay for guests, establishing preferences and special events to make the stay as personalised and enjoyable as possible
- Process all reservations requests, changes and cancellations received by phone or email for both hotel residents and non-residents
- Input and access data in reservation system
- Cash handling and banking
- Hotel administration for various departments and being able to multi-task
- Completing a shift handover during and at the end of shift detailing all important activities carried out
- Provide information to guests about room features, hotel facilities and local areas of interest
- Recognise and anticipate the needs of our guests and exceed expectations
- Ensure all health & safety requirements are met including working in a Covid Secure way following the Groups procedures
- Undertake training courses
To be the successfully recruited Receptionist you:
- Will ideally have previous experience within a luxury four or five star hotel
- Must be passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating a thorough knowledge of hotel products and services.
- Have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner
- Have a good command of the English language
- Work well both independently and within a team in a busy environment remaining professional at all times
- Be able to work shifts
- Be extremely well groomed and presented
- Knowledge of Rezlynx system would be an advantage
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
Shifts: 5 days out of 7 including weekends
Working hours: 7.30am-3.30pm and 3.00pm - 11.00pm.
* Equal share of staff tips
*Meals on duty
*5 Day Week
*28 days leave per year
*Number of staff benefits/discounts across the group