Maintenance Team Member
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 including weeke)Apply
We are looking for someone who is passionate about hospitality and great service to join our Maintenance team at The Carlyon Bay Hotel.
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day to larger projects - there is a real variety of work. As a Maintenance Team Member you will maintain the fixtures and fittings of the building and ensure our high standards of maintenance and upkeep are followed.
You will need to be proactive in ensuring any emergencies are dealt with immediately and be able to do your best work whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Key Responsibilities of the maintenance team are:
• Painting and decorating
• General maintenance and carrying out daily maintenance issues
• Problem solving
• Swimming pool testing and maintenance
The ideal candidate will:
• Be capable of carrying out a range of different maintenance tasks. With a good understanding of power tool safety along with experience of practical work.
• Great communication and customer service skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
• Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service with a desire to learn, work hard and progress
• A level of fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
• Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
• Be able to prioritise tasks
• Experienced maintenance person, or someone who holds a trade qualification
• Must be experienced in power tools
• Have an awareness of, and a good attitude towards, health & safety
• Permanent contract for 40 hours per week (working 5 days out of 7 including weekends)
• 28 days holiday per year
• Ongoing updated training
• Discounts on hotel stays, food and drink
We are part of Brend Hotels, a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and each of the 11 hotels and 18 restaurants offers the same exceptional service and care we have become known for in the South West.