15th February 2020
Spring- Our top 5
Spring is always a welcome sight in Cornwall. With longer days, milder weather and everything from birds, animals, gardens and villages bursting back to life, what's not to like?
Here we have listed our 5 favourite things to do in Cornwall this Spring:
- Cornwall is blessed with the most fantastically dramatic coastline that is just crying out to be explored. Spring is a perfect time, with the fields and hedgerows coming back to life with lambs and wildflowers. It is also much quieter, meaning you might be lucky enough to have all of the best viewpoints to yourself so you can really feel at peace and at one with nature. For those of you who prefer not to walk alone or would like a helping hand to explore the best routes and find the most amazing scenery, we can highly recommend Lucy at Meadow View Guided Hikes. She is an experienced walker and leader, offering regular walks from 3-6 miles and 2.5 - 4 hours. She also provides tailor-made guided walks to suit the customer and can compile self-guided itineraries as well.
- Explore the vast amount of garden attractions that Cornwall has to offer, due to our milder climate, our gardens bloom early and during the Spring you can find some of the oldest and largest Magnolia's, Camillia's and Rhododendrons in the country. Our Favourite gardens are:
There are far too many beautiful ones to name them all!
3. Why not explore the many wonderful National Trust sites we are lucky enough to have on our doorstep? Steeped in history and Cornish culture, it is a great way to get a taste of how Cornwall was in the good old days! Some of our favourites:
4. Get out and enjoy nature! With endless beaches and woodlands, carpets of bluebells and lambs springing up in the fields. Not forgetting migratory birds such as the cuckoo also begin to show their faces again and you could be lucky enough to spot a seal or dolphin!
5. Wonder around the many beautiful seaside villages:
- Tintagel & Boscastle
- Port Isaac
Just because it is a little cooler than summer you definitely shouldn't let that stop you visiting Cornwall during spring. The biggest bonus of it all is you have beaten the crowds!
We are perfectly located to explore all of these fantastic locations CLICK HERE to check out our fantastic spring offers!