7th January 2019
January in Cornwall
Cornwall is the nation's favourite holiday destination and is just as spectacular in the winter months. The scenery and woodlands are just as stunning, amd the beaches & towns are uncrowded making this special time of year feel like you almost have Cornwall to yourself. There is an abudance of activities to enjoy in the new year, all on our doorstep.
- Get up early and watch the sun rise across the Bay, take a stroll along the coastal path or simply look out from your beautiful sea facing cosy room!
- Take to the cobbled streets of the small towns and villages in the surrounding area to do some shopping
- Check out the myth and history at Tintagel Castle, learn about the legendary tales that surround King Arthur
- Put on a warm coat and take a brisk walk along the coast paths to the sandy beach. Enjoy the space, the peace and the sound of the waves lapping at the shores
- Visit one of the local National Trust's grounds such as Lanhydrock House. Explore the acres of beautiful land and the historical house whilst you learn about it's rich history
- Discover the magic of the Eden Project, with it's two undercover biomes.
Then after a day exploring some of best experience Cornwall has to offer at this quieter time of year, return to the warmth of Carlyon Bay Hotel for an afternoon of relaxation in our Spa and fine dining in our Bay View Restaurant.